The winter snow begins to melt, and the sound of chirping birds can be heard once again. And students everywhere start planning where they’ll spend those 2-3 weeks in which they can finally take a break from the books: spring break.
The Caribbean is by far one of the most popular places for US students to travel to outside of their home country during spring break. That’s no surprise, considering the ample selection of beaches, coral reefs, and accommodations there.
But what’s a student, teacher, or employee to do when they’ve got just 2 weeks to live it up and break away from the 9 to 5, and yet there are just SO MANY Caribbean islands to choose from? The answer is: a little research. Luckily, we’ve already done that for you! Here are 9 awesome destinations for Spring Break in the Caribbean, categorized by type.
We hope you find exactly what you’re looking for to make your dream vacation a reality!
Most popular Caribbean Spring Break Destinations
- Jamaica: The night life is “turned up” in Negril and Montego Bay, both popular places for spring breakers. Jumping off the cliffs near Rick’s Cafe in Negril is almost a rite of passage. Another reason why Jamaica is so popular with the college-age crowd is because it’s easily accessible and affordable.
- Cancún: There’s always something going on in this wild party city in Mexico’s Riviera Maya. Big-name celebrities often perform shows at famous clubs like Coco Bongo. Beaches like Playa del Delfines sit right on the hotel strip.
- Puerto Rico: This US territory has long been a favorite with spring breakers because it’s easily accessible for US citizens. At the moment, they only need a valid driver’s license in order to visit. Famous Spanish forts like El Morro bring tourists to San Juan, a charming colonial-style city with cobblestone streets. Famous beaches like Flamenco beach on the tiny island of Culebra offer a perfect getaway from it all.
Most Luxurious Caribbean Spring Break Destinations
- St. Barthelemy: Also known as St. Barths, this charming island is super secluded and exclusive! It boasts beautiful beaches and luxury shopping. Therefore, it’s no surprise that this fancy destination is a favorite among celebrities.
- Turks & Caicos: Besides being home to the world’s most beautiful beach, Turks & Caicos is replete with luxurious beachfront villas.
- Aruba: Bring your entire party of 10 to a luxury villa in Tierra del Sol to celebrate spring break in style.
Cheapest Caribbean Spring Break Destinations
- Dominican Republic: This country is extremely popular for its scenic beaches and cheap price tag. Punta Cana boasts attractive resorts and expansive beaches.
- The Bahamas: these islands are so close to Florida’s southern tip that many spring breakers take advantage of cheap flights to reach them. In addition, Nassau is one of the most popular cruise ship hubs, and you can get great deals to and from there to Fort Lauderdale.
- Belize: Belize is one of the least expensive countries to visit in 2019, at least as far as prices go for accommodations, food, and amenities.
You might also like
More from Travel
Visitors Receive the Royal Treatment Upon Arrival Anguilla's tourist board has teamed up with local stakeholders from every sector of the …
All-inclusive Sandals Royal Curaçao Is Open on the South Coast of the island Sandals Royal Curaçao, which opened in March 2018 …
Tourism is on a Roll in the Turks and Caicos Islands The tourism sector is once again breaking visitor arrival records …