Karayipler birçok ülkeyi ve kültürlerin bir karışımını kapsar. Ama bu bölgede popüler yemek söz konusu olduğunda, what exactly is Caribbean cuisine?
esasen, Caribbean cuisine is a mixture of foods from many cultures. It includes ingredients and flavors from many parts of the world. Afrika, Creole, Cajun, kızılderili, Avrupa, Latin American, East/North Indian, Middle Eastern, and Chinese cuisine have all had an influence on Caribbean cooking. yine de, all these distinct flavors have melded together to create a recognizably “Karayip” mutfak.
It’s important to remember that the Caribbean region includes many different countries. ayrıca, each of these countries has their own variations on traditional Caribbean dishes.
Common ingredients in Caribbean cuisine
Dan beri Caribbean nations share similar topography and climate, they tend to share many of the same ingredients in everyday cooking. Here are the most common ingredients in Caribbean cuisine:
- sweet potatoes
- ekmekağacı meyvesi
- Hindistan cevizi
- dolmalık biber
- sığır eti
Caribbean cooks use a popular marinade made with oil and green herbs in a variety of dishes. This seasoning can include garlic, cilantro, kereviz, onions or green onions, Mercanköşk, Kekik, and rosemary, diğerleri arasında.
Typical dishes in Caribbean cuisine
Traditional dishes are a very important part of Caribbean culture. Aslında, most Caribbean countries have selected their own national dish. Here are some national dishes that you should definitely try on your next Caribbean vacation:
- Pepperpot Stew: this slow-cooked stew is chock-full of meat, aubergine, okra, squash and potatoes. Fungi and pepperpot is the national dish of Antigua ve Barbuda.
- Flying fish and cou cou: this delightful seafood favorite is the national dish of Barbados. Flying fish are plentiful around this Caribbean island. Bajans steam them up and serve them with cou cou, a paste made with cornmeal and okra similar to polenta.
- Ackee ve saltfish: Caribbean cuisine wouldn’t be complete without the national dish of Jamaika. Although this island nation is famous for its tasty jerk seasoning, the national dish is actually a locally-caught fish and ackee, a peculiar fruit that resembles scrambled eggs when cooked.
- Sancocho: belirgin “sohn- ko-cho”, the national dish of Dominican Republic is perfect for any time of day. It’s a hearty stew made with meat (often several types) and big chunks of ground provisions like yucca, yams, ve patates.
- Keshi Yena: The national dish of Curacao is perfect for cheese fanatics– it’s literally “stuffed cheese”! It features beef, goat or chicken, plus various vegetables and seasonings. Sometimes it may even contain raisins.
- Eski giysiler: The name of this popular dish in Caribbean cuisine means “eski kıyafetler” ispanyolca'da. ancak, it certainly tastes better than it sounds. This national dish of Cuba is typically shredded beef with yellow rice and seasonings. Get a recipe İşte.
Try some Caribbean food on your next trip!
Trying new foods in a foreign country can be difficult at times. ancak, you’ll never know if you like something if you don’t try it! Yani, whether you travel to Curacao or Barbados for your next vacation, or somewhere in between, be sure to try all that Caribbean cuisine has to offer.
Bunları da beğenebilirsin
Gıda dan daha fazla
Seyahat hakkında en iyi şeylerden biri gıdaların farklı türde denemek için oluyor! Geleneksel Jamaika yemekleri ünlüdür …