Dicembre è un grande momento di andare ai Caraibi! Here’s why….
You might be wondering if it’s a good idea to use your December vacation time to travel to the Caribbean. questa regione tropicale è troppo affollata di turisti durante i mesi invernali? Come sarà il tempo?
The good news is that December is an excellent time to visit the Caribbean, weather-wise. Temperatures are slightly cooler than in the summer months. Inoltre, December isn’t part of the rainy season. That means it’s not within the Atlantic hurricane season either!
però, since the weather is drier and less humid, you may find that plenty of other tourists want to travel to the Caribbean, proprio come si fa. Perciò, December could be considered part of the tourist “high-season” nei Caraibi.
Pros of traveling to the Caribbean in December
Despite the fact that it’s within the tourist high season, there are plenty of good reasons to travel to the Caribbean in December. Here are a few of them:
- You can attend holiday events. During the month of December, you can participate in many events and festivals. There are Christmas events, New Year’s festivals, special concerts, Boxing Day events, and more during the last month of the year. Per maggiori informazioni, check out these articles:
- Puoi escape cold weather! If you live somewhere where the weather is bitterly cold during December, dirigersi verso i Caraibi! Trade those dark winter days for an extra dose of vitamin D on a spiaggia caraibica.
- It’s one of the best months to visit the Caribbean. In generale, December to April is considered the best time to visit the Caribbean. This is because the weather is drier and temperatures will hover around the 80’s (F). You’ll never be too hot, or too cold, and you’ll rarely ever be caught in a rainshower.
Cons of traveling to the Caribbean in December
There are a few reasons why you might not want to travel to the Caribbean in December. però, they may not be reason enough to cancel your plans.
- Airfare may be more costly. Depending on from where you fly, airfare to the Caribbean may be more costly during December. If you are looking to save some money on flights, the best time to fly is during the tourist low season, from late August to November.
- Hotels and resorts may cost more. Since plenty of tourists make holiday plans in the Caribbean, prices tend to go up. però, renting your own private villa can be a much more economical option. Prices for vacation villas do not tend to vary much by month.
- Some beaches/landmarks/excursions may be crowded. The most popular beaches, punti di riferimento, and museums will no doubt see a larger influx of visitors during December. Keep this in mind and book your activities and excursions in advance.
Keep in mind that the “cons” listed above may not be case if you travel to a less popular Caribbean vacation destination. Read more about the “meno-viaggiato” Caribbean islands here!
Immagine principale: iStock