Caraibi comprende molti paesi e culture. Ma quando si tratta di cibo popolare in questa regione, what exactly is Caribbean cuisine?
Essenzialmente, Caribbean cuisine is a mixture of foods from many cultures. It includes ingredients and flavors from many parts of the world. africano, creolo, Cajun, amerindi, europeo, Latin American, East/North Indian, Middle Eastern, and Chinese cuisine have all had an influence on Caribbean cooking. Tuttavia, all these distinct flavors have melded together to create a recognizably “caraibico” cucina.
It’s important to remember that the Caribbean region includes many different countries. inoltre, each of these countries has their own variations on traditional Caribbean dishes.
Common ingredients in Caribbean cuisine
Da Caribbean nations share similar topography and climate, they tend to share many of the same ingredients in everyday cooking. Here are the most common ingredients in Caribbean cuisine:
- sweet potatoes
- albero del pane
- Noce di cocco
Caribbean cooks use a popular marinade made with oil and green herbs in a variety of dishes. This seasoning can include garlic, cilantro, sedano, onions or green onions, Maggiorana, timo, and rosemary, tra gli altri.
Typical dishes in Caribbean cuisine
Traditional dishes are a very important part of Caribbean culture. Infatti, most Caribbean countries have selected their own national dish. Here are some national dishes that you should definitely try on your next Caribbean vacation:
- Pepperpot Stew: this slow-cooked stew is chock-full of meat, aubergine, okra, squash and potatoes. Fungi and pepperpot is the national dish of Antigua e Barbuda.
- Flying fish and cou cou: this delightful seafood favorite is the national dish of Barbados. Flying fish are plentiful around this Caribbean island. Bajans steam them up and serve them with cou cou, a paste made with cornmeal and okra similar to polenta.
- Ackee e saltfish: Caribbean cuisine wouldn’t be complete without the national dish of Giamaica. Although this island nation is famous for its tasty jerk seasoning, the national dish is actually a locally-caught fish and ackee, a peculiar fruit that resembles scrambled eggs when cooked.
- Sancocho: Pronunciate “sohn- ko-cho”, the national dish of Dominican Republic is perfect for any time of day. It’s a hearty stew made with meat (often several types) and big chunks of ground provisions like yucca, yams, e patate.
- Keshi Yena: The national dish of Curacao is perfect for cheese fanatics– it’s literally “stuffed cheese”! It features beef, goat or chicken, plus various vegetables and seasonings. Sometimes it may even contain raisins.
- vecchi vestiti: The name of this popular dish in Caribbean cuisine means “vestiti vecchi” in spagnolo. però, it certainly tastes better than it sounds. This national dish of Cuba is typically shredded beef with yellow rice and seasonings. Get a recipe Qui.
Try some Caribbean food on your next trip!
Trying new foods in a foreign country can be difficult at times. però, you’ll never know if you like something if you don’t try it! Così, whether you travel to Curacao or Barbados for your next vacation, or somewhere in between, be sure to try all that Caribbean cuisine has to offer.
Potrebbe piacerti anche
Più da cibo
Una delle cose migliori del viaggio è di arrivare a provare diversi tipi di alimenti! Tradizionale Giamaicana food è famosa ...
Questa bevanda Caraibi non è davvero il tè ... né è cioccolata calda. E 'l'essenza della bontà tropicale isola in una tazza. Di ...