Tucked away on the Dutch side of the island of St. Martin, you’ll find the beautiful, fascinating city of Simpson Bay. If you’re contemplating St. Martin as your Caribbean vacation destination, here are some reasons why you should consider Simpson Bay.
Simpson Bay Villas
The rental villas in Simpson Bay are beyond superb. Many are located on Simpson Bay Lagoon, a stunning body of water that is actually one of the largest inland lagoons in the Caribbean West Indies. Right through the center of it runs the border between French Saint Martin and Dutch Sint Maarten, two separate countries that share the island of Saint Martin.
Villa Amaryllis has its own private boat dock on the Simpson Bay lagoon. Fortunately, it’s located just 5 minutes from Maho, a popular spot for nightlife and casinos.
You won’t lack for a waterfront view at Villa Mirabelle, a gorgeous 4-bedroom villa on Simpson Bay. In addition, this home-away-from-home features a private pool, 2 aqua bikes, and uniquely modern decor. Like Villa Amaryllis, a private pier for swimming and boating allows you to feel as though you have paradise all to yourself.
Things to do in Simpson Bay
There’s no shortage of awesome activities to experience in Simpson Bay. Here are a few that just might float your boat:
- Kim Sha Beach: this popular beach is a great spot for relaxation. Or, if you’re the active type, book an eco adventure tour, or rent a kayak or snorkeling gear to enjoy the sea to the max.
- The Red Piano SXM: this is the place to go if you’re in the mood for some class live jazz or reggae. The top-knotch drink selection and lively atmosphere make it the perfect hangout after a long day at the beach.
- Sailing and snorkeling: Book an exciting cruise and spend the day or a half day exploring the Caribbean Sea. You can find a good selection of tour providers on TripAdvisor. Also, several tours will take you to places where you can swim with sea turtles.
- Maho Beach: This beach isn’t exactly in Simpson Bay, but it’s close by and is not to be missed if you’re in the area. Its claim to fame is its proximity to the airport. Incredibly, large airplanes often fly right overhead as they land. Bring your camera for some amazing photos, and spend a few hours “plane spotting” with family or friends.
Get ready for your trip to Simpson Bay
It’s always a good idea to do some planning before taking a trip to Sint Maarten, or anywhere else in the Caribbean. See some of these other resources for more information about Caribbean travel. Let Key Caribe help you make your vacation dreams come true!
- 8 Caribbean Travel Hacks You May Have Missed
- How to Prepare for Caribbean Travel
- What to Pack for Your Trip to the Caribbean
You might also like
More from Experience
A Caribbean Valentine's Day could be just what you need to spark or re-ignite the flames of love with your …
Here are 5 haunted Caribbean landmarks in case you want to explore the mysterious side of the Caribbean! The history of …