Are you dreaming of sunny skies, a refreshing drink, soft sand, and the sea? If so, Jan Thiel, Curacao is the place to be! Here’s a mini guide to help you make the most of your visit to this fabulous Caribbean destination.
Where is Jan Thiel, Curacao?
Jan Thiel is located on the southwest side of the small Caribbean island of Curacao. Curacao is a constituent country of the Kingdom of the Netherlands. It lies north of Venezuela and is part of the Lesser Antilles.
The official languages of Jan Thiel (and Curacao as a whole) are Papiamentu, Dutch, and English.
What is the best time to visit Jan Thiel, Curacao?
The best time to visit this lovely city depends on whether or not you want to avoid the rainy season, because the weather is the same all year round, with the exception of increased rainfall from June to November.
Those months are also known as the hurricane season, and you’ll find that Jan Thiel hosts less tourists than usual during that time. That means prices may be lower on air fare, hotels/accommodations, and restaurants.
What currency is used in Jan Thiel?
The official currency of the country of Curacao is the Netherlands Antillean guilder (ANG). This is also the currency of Sint Maarten. In Papiamentu, the guilder is referred to as the “florin”. It is possible that Curacao could change its currency to the euro or US dollar in the future. Some establishments reportedly already accept US dollars.
You can change your currency upon arrival at the airport, or simply use an ATM to take out cash (you’ll have the option to select guilders or dollars). Keep in mind that the ATM will charge a few dollars for the standard international transaction fee.
Things to do in Jan Thiel, Curacao
You’ll find plenty to do in this beautiful tropical town. Here are a few highlights:
- Visit the Curacao Sea Aquarium: a pleasant aquarium with plenty of exhibits, live dolphin shows, flamingo feeding, and a nurse shark action tour. The admission ticket price includes all activities and shows.
- Relax and swim in Bahia Jan Thiel: this lovely beach is located in the south of Jan Thiel. It features plenty of snorkeling opportunities. You can also take advantage of a variety of water sports, such as kayaking, diving, and sailing.
- Visit the Dolphin Academy: Meet, greet, and swim with dolphins. Knowledgeable trainers will explain everything you need to know and make your dolphin encounter unforgettable!
- Kick back on the white-sand Jan Thiel beach: This beach is known for its beautiful white sand, water sports, and nearby restaurants, shops, and bars. It also has elegant sun beds available for rent.
Where to stay in Jan Thiel
Finding the right place to stay during your Caribbean vacation can make or break it. Be sure to pick a place where you can truly relax! Here are a few suggestions:
- Livingstone Lagoon Villa
- Modern villa with sea view
- Pink Lotus Villa
- Villa Indijo (luxury 4 bedroom villa)
See more places to stay in Jan Thiel here!
You might also like
More from Experience
Burna Boy’s Love, Damini Tour on Curacao: 5 Things to Know About the Most Anticipated Concert
If you’re a Burna Boy fan, then you know how excited we are about the release of his new album, …
Top Beaches to Visit in Curacao
Heading to the beach can be quite an experience on this beautiful island. Tiny though it be, it has over …
The Hato Caves in Curaçao
If you’re a nature fanatic looking for a low-key activity with some moderate exercise level, visiting the island’s most popular …
Leave a Reply