Raking crunchy brown and orange leaves and carving a jack-o-lantern aren’t the only ways to spend the Autumn season. Check out these fall festivals in the Caribbean, and skip the chilly weather for some fun in the sun!
Why travel to the Caribbean in the fall?
First of all, let me just mention the fact that few people think of fall as the perfect season to travel to the Caribbean. That’s understandable, considering it’s when the kids go back to school, and not too many people have vacation days off work during that time.
However, if you can swing an autumn Caribbean vacation, there are plenty of great reasons to do so, namely:
- Airfare to the Caribbean is generally cheaper in the fall.
- Late August to late November is the low season in the Caribbean for tourism. There are less crowds, more hotel and rental villa options, and prices are often less expensive.
- The weather in the Caribbean during the fall is just as warm as ever. The Caribbean doesn’t experience the four seasons the way North America does, for example. In addition, August to November is the slightly cooler, rainier season in the Caribbean. However, that doesn’t mean it will rain all day long.
- Basically, it’s always summer in the Caribbean, even when it’s technically fall.
Fall festivals in the Caribbean
There are plenty of incredible festivities to take part in during autumn in the Caribbean. Here are a few worth checking out:
1. Barbados Food & Rum Festival
Dates: October 24th-27th, 2019
Did someone say “food”? This annual fixture in Barbados is sure to tantalize your taste buds, whether you go for the rum tasting or the fantastic feasting. As the “culinary capital of the Caribbean”, Barbados doesn’t disappoint. Attend the festival this October, and discover Bajan food and culture. In addition, you may have the chance to meet some celebrity chefs! Find out more at the Food & Rum Festival official website.
2. Birding Festival and Film Festival, Belize
Belize Birding Festival: October 19th-20th, 2019
Belize is home to more than 500 species of exotic birds. Come to the 2nd annual Belize Festival and join other bird enthusiasts in celebrating the wonders of nature. The event includes speakers, vendors and art exhibitors, guided tours, and other special activities. See more information here.
Belize International Film Festival: November 7th-10th, 2019
This festival focuses mainly on Caribbean and Central American films, as well as international ones. Find out more at belizefilmcommission.com.
3. Flavors of Curacao
Dates: September 28th, 2019
As the island’s biggest culinary event, Flavors of Curacao offers the chance to try cuisine from the top restaurants on Curacao. In addition, music and other activities round out this family-friendly event.
4. Pirates Week Festival, Cayman Islands
Dates: November 7th- 11th 2019
This fall festival in the Caribbean celebrates the region’s most famous inhabitants of old: pirates! Enjoy five days of parades, dancing, sporting events, great food, and live music in honor of Cayman culture and pirate lore.
Main image source
You might also like
More from Events
Introduction to the Caribbean Sun Splash Festival The Caribbean Sun Splash Festival is a vibrant celebration of Caribbean music, culture, and …
If you’re a Burna Boy fan, then you know how excited we are about the release of his new album, …