Ledes til Caribien på en Carnival Cruise i år? Be sure to check the cruise line’s new dress policy before you pack. Virksomheden har skitseret nye regler for krydstogt slid, forbyde “upassende” og “offensiv” elementer, Houston Business Journal rapporter.
After a cruise passenger complained about seeing a fellow passenger sporting offensive clothing, Brand Ambassador and Senior Cruise Director John Heald took to Facebook to announce that Carnival Cruise ships would no longer permit slogan t-shirts with inappropriate or offensive language on board.
Heald’s post reads as follows:
“All guests are expected to ensure their clothing and accessories are respectful to fellow guests. Konkret, items worn during the cruise should not contain any message that may be considered offensive or contain nudity, profanity, sexual innuendo/suggestions.”
“In addition, clothing/accessories should not promote negative ethnic or racial commentary or hatred or violence in any form.”
Næste, Heald posted a poll on Facebook, asking cruisers whether they agreed with a ban on “offensiv” tøj. The results? A whopping 97% af 23,500 voters were in favor of the restrictions.
Imidlertid, a few defectors voiced disagreement in the comment section.
“I don’t agree with this at all,” posted Jake Fenley. “The first sentence says anything that people find offensive. Well some people find everything offensive.”
Other Facebook users wondered how the new policy might be enforced. It is unclear exactly how Carnival Cruise Line plans to keep passengers from wearing banned items.
In case you’ve never read through a cruise line’s dress code, here’s a word of warning: there’s something called “cruise casual” og “cruise elegant”, and you’ll be urged to wear it.
It’s a policy that hearkens back to the centuries-old tradition of changing clothing a few times a day. Both women and men would switch out their garments depending on their activities. Rules of dining in the 18th century England had upper-class women sometimes spending hours just to dress up for dinner.
Perhaps changing for dinner isn’t something we “average folks” do on the daily. alligevel, it’s common for fine dining establishments to enforce a “fancy” dress code, so it’s not surprising that cruise lines would do the same.
The following is an excerpt from Carnival Cruise Line’s suggestions for appropriate attire, as seen on the Carnival Cruise internet side:
What to Wear – Daytime Attire
Casual attire is the order of the day. We suggest the following:
- Shorts and capris
- Tee shirts, polo shirts, blouses and tops (short sleeved or sleeveless)
- Khakis and jeans
- Summer dresses
- Light-weight sweater or jacket
- Work-out gear
- Bathing suits and cover up
- For cooler weather, clothing that can be layered, scarves and gloves. If visiting religious sites in Europe, ladies must cover their knees and shoulders
- Hat or visor
- Comfortable shoes, sneakers, sandals and flip-flops. We suggest rubber-soled, low heeled or flat shoes. Select activities/shore excursions may require closed-toe shoes. The use of any footwear with wheels is prohibited on board our ships
- The Lido Restaurant is open daily for breakfast and lunch and has a more relaxed dress code than the main dining room(s); imidlertid, skjorter, bathing suit cover ups and footwear (including flip-flops) must be worn at all times
What to Wear – Evening Attire
Following is the dress code in the main dining room(s) for both men, women and children:
“Cruise Casual” Dress Code
- Men: sports slacks, khakis, jeans, long dress shorts and collared polo shirts
- Women: summer dresses, casual skirts, pants, capris, dress shorts, jeans blouses and tops
- Not permitted: cut-off jeans, men’s sleeveless shirts, tee-shirts, gym or basketball shorts, baseball hats, flip-flops and bathing suit attire
“Cruise Elegant” Dress Code (formal evenings)
- Men: dress slacks, dress shirts, and we also suggest a sport coat; men may also wish to wear a suit and tie or tuxedo
- Women: cocktail dresses, pantsuits, elegant skirts and blouses; ladies may also wish to wear an evening gown
Not permitted: jeans, men’s sleeveless shirts, shorts, tee-shirts, sportswear, shorts, baseball hats, flip-flops and bathing suit attire.
Here’s hoping all of that fits in your suitcase…
Hovedbilledet kilde: Carnival via TEGNA
Mere fra Travel
Det er altid en god ide at gøre dit hjemmearbejde, før du rejser ANYWHERE-- og Caribien er ingen undtagelse. Her …